On this website I share my investigations into the practices and philosophies that help us….
- Develop well functioning bodies and minds.
- Build better models for thinking critically.
- Feel more satisfied with our lives.
About Tyler Watkins
I was raised in a small, lower-middle class town in Nova Scotia, Canada.
I grew up, got a degree in Engineering, and spent my 20’s chasing money in the Oil and Gas Industry in dozens of countries on 4 continents.
At age 30, instead of continuing to climb the corporate ladder, I settled down on Florianopolis island in the south of Brazil where I’m currently raising a family, growing financial wealth, and exploring the most important ideas and practices for self-actualization I can find.
I search for Truly Practical Wisdom by studying the intersections of Science, Ancient Philosophy and Daily Lived Experience.
I split my time between:
- Training Physical Skills: brazilian jiu-jitsu, dancing, acroyoga, strength training
- Practicing Philosophy: reading the works of histories greatest thinkers like Seneca, Jung, and Frankl and implementing their advice
- Studying Statistics and Decision Making: I’m a probability nerd and I have a masters degree in Data Science.
I take what I learn, and write about the most useful takeaways.
Feel free to contact me anytime.